![]() |
| Image credit: |
When you move Oobleck around or apply pressure, the Oobleck feels solid, but when it's still, it melts into liquid. When I looked at the Oobleck, it looked like a blue (because of added food coloring) liquid, and when I shook the plastic bag I had it in, it moved like a liquid. The Oobleck smelled like cornstarch, predictably, but its most interesting feature was definitely how it felt. Through the bag, it felt liquidy, but when I squeezed it, it felt kind of doughy. Once I took some of it out, though, I could make it solid by moving it around but when I set it down, it melted into a waxy puddle.
When I was playing with the Oobleck, the results were mixed. When I poked my finger into the Oobleck slowly, it felt like I was sticking my finger in a liquid. When I poked it quickly, it felt like I was poking a solid. When I was transferring it from one bag to another, it poured like a liquid. I succeeded in rolling the Oobleck into a ball by keeping it constantly in motion, but when I stopped touching it, it became a liquid again. Bouncing the Oobleck was unsuccessful - it melted as soon as it touched the table.
![]() |
| Image credit: |


